Wednesday, 7 October 2015

What Do You Do When You Don't Know What To Do?

Can one say that creativity is borne in boredom? Or is it borne deep within the nature of oneself? God?

I have not known boredom since I was a child, and yet, here I find myself decades later, wondering what I ought to do, now that I have nothing calling me. Or so it seems in the physical realm of time and space.

I have a sign in my room that reads,'Honour Your Calling', and I look at it daily and ask of myself, 'What is your Calling?'
I used to be a teacher, and barely had a precious moment to myself. I yearned to have time to ponder, and be creative, and quite obviously the Universe has fulfilled my order, as time is exactly what I have now. Today.
And hence the big question, What do you do, when you don't know what to do?

I wish I had an instant answer for this,but I can honestly say, I don't.

Not every day is like this. Some days I get called in to take someone's class, and other days I potter around the home, being 100% (or thereabout) up to date with the housework and motherly duties, so that I can at least tell my ego, that I did something worthwhile.

Yet, I want more, I want to be passionate about an aspect of life and use it to bring about joy or learning or something, but don't know how.

I have written down all the things I love to do,those things which fill me with passion; being a mother, reading, writing, swimming, walking, communing with nature, and within all these things, I feel that God's presence is within me.  So, how do I take what I enjoy and use it to help others? Some things are easy enough, and others seem purely self oriented.
And yet,  in my heart, I feel that I am being called  to walk a Life of Faith.

A need to surrender.

So,can it be as simple as that? Surrender to God, and have faith that Divine Intervention will guide my every footstep, and place me exactly where I need to be, and provide voice to my every word.

It sounds right for me.

And, if I can be so bold as to say, if it is right for me, it is right for you too.

For each and every one of us is connected in Spirit. I may not know your name, I may not know what you look like, I may not hear your voice, but we share a special bond. Spirit.

Thank you for reading my thoughts, and sharing in my creativity for today.

With love,
C





No comments:

Post a Comment