Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Have Faith and Show Love

I recently read in a book that the best thing one ought to do when one does not know what to do, is to show love.

I read it over and over, and it has gone through my mind quite a few times since then.

When a person is questioning what path to take in life, or a decision to make, showing love to everything and everyone can help the person to be present, detach from their anxiety, and experience the miracle of life in the now. When we are present with God, life is easy and joyful.

Let's think about it. 

Love is born in the heart. It is a great feeling, and when expressed to oneself and the world around us, can bring about overwhelming emotion.

I know that when I feed the little birds in the morning, I feel a great sense of loving duty. They come to me, and call me till I feed them. Their presence in my life makes me smile, and I feel that God's presence is in them. Feeding the birds, is serving God.
It is the same as when we care for our children.
I have a daughter, whom I love and adore so greatly.  I see her as the greatest gift God has created in me.

Every day, I thank God for her presence in my life, and I am overwhelmed with emotion, because I know how blessed I am.

I show love to my daughter in the way that I care for her, help her, provide for her, protect her and guide her, speak with her, spend time with her, and prepare for her. And being active in my love brings me so much joy. Purpose. Love serves.

And there are so many beautiful ways in which we can show our love.

Going for a walk, and picking up the rubbish in the environment shows your love for the world you live in.
Tying a little child's shoelaces, is a show of your love.
Sending a message to an ill colleague wishing them a speedy recovery is an act of love.

Listening to your body and responding to it's needs is an act of love. 
Giving your pet clean water and food, hugs and cuddles is a beautiful act of love.
And not stepping on the ants that you see traverse the footpath is an act of love.

You are a very loving individual. And you were created to show love. For it is in showing that we feel. 

Showing love for ourselves and our neighbours keeps us grounded and true, pulls our heads out of the clouds of anxiety and helps us to realise that there is so much more to being alive than making that critical decision (and wasting precious moments worrying about it), as it will will take care of itself. When we are beautiful and true ( the nature of love itself, the God within), our divinity leads us. Trusting God, is trusting in the Perfect You. Smile and walk each moment with Faith.

Remember, keep that smile on your dial. Do not lose your sense of peace when so called obstacles appear. Take it as a test of faith, because you will reap such reward for honouring yourself, the God within you. Smile, Smile, Smile. Love everything and everyone that you cross paths with today.
and before you go to bed tonight, recollect 3 of the most precious moments of your day.

 I keep a little card on my fridge, with a verse from Matthew 17:20

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Have faith and walk in love.

xxx
Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment